TechWeek is a week-long festival, conference & expo celebrating the technology, web and interactive communities in Chicago, and is shaping up to be the biggest tech event in Chicago’s history. Names like Aneesh Chopra, CTO of the United States, Dave McClure, of 500 Startups and pirate metrics for startups fame, Jason Fried, Founder and CEO of 37 Signals, Jeff Lawson, CEO of Twillio, Matt Maloney and Mike Evans from Grubhub, Seth Sternberg, Co-Founder Meebo, Craig Newmark, Founder of Craigslist, and Brian Fitzpatrick, Head Engineer at Google make for quite a lineup.
As a proud supporter of the Chicago tech community, we’re contributing a few things to the mix:
- We’re hosting Kissmetrics Founder Hiten Shah at the Chicago Lean Startup Circle (now at almost 1300 members) on Sunday the 24th. You can sign up here: http://www.chicagoleanstartup.com/events/18471361/
- As part of TechWeek, Pathfinder has organized a panel of “intrapreneurs” – entrepreneurs within larger companies who are charged with innovation and creating new products and services. In this case, the companies are all quite large, ranging from $1 billion to $31 billion in revenues. Our panel includes:
• Stanley Crane, Chief Innovation Officer at Allscripts
• Matt Manzella, Driector of Strategy and Innovation at Allstate
• Brian Chau, Director, Product Innovation at Wheels, Inc.
• David Galante, Alcatel-Lucent Ventures
- I’m a judge at the Health 2.0 Startup Pitch Event on Monday the 25th, along with folks like Dan Philips (Director of Healthbox) and Anu Jayaraman from Hyde Park Angels. http://www.meetup.com/chicagohealthtech/events/20517191/
- As part of the Spark Chicago startup competition, we’re rolling up our sleeves with one of the three finalists to help accelerate their company towards success.
It should be a great time – we hope to see you there.